Friday, February 22, 2008

Endurance, Efficiency

Today's class I did a profile that I think I had read somewhere before.

Warm up-getting HR up on a flat road.

I then advised them that I would let them choose what their positions/cadence/resistance would be for the sets, but what I wanted them to focus on was their output and HR. Notice how hard they are working, with very few transitions.

8min-working at 75% max output(threshold) and HR. Can still breath but legs are working. (Once again they can choose what body positions and resistance. I just stressed to maintain at a steady pace.)
2 min recovery
6 min-80% of max threshold and HR that they can maintain for duration of time.
2 min recovery
4 min-85% of Max threshold and HR that they can maintain for duration.
2 min recovery
2min-90% max threshold and HR they can maintain for duration.
2min recovery
2min-max threshold one last time
recover and cool down.

I used the 6min segment on a hill and had them slow the legs down a bit and on others I would speed things up. Music is key...make it flowing and a good beat to keep them focused.
I love classes like this because they really get more familiar with what their body is doing and what they can maintain over a period of time.
I used a couple of different play lists for the day, I will see if I can remember what I used and post it later.

No comments: