Friday, January 25, 2008

January 25

Here is what I am noticing most often. CADENCE!! way to fast, way to high. I think that we need to help our students focus on a true flat. both Collette and I have been talking and noticing that quite a few of our members are not riding with enough tension, possibly thinking that faster legs are going to get them a better workout! WRONG! :o)

Here is some feedback that I have been receiving from members: (c = comment left ; a = my take on the comment)

C - "some of the instructors don't take enough time to cool down. I feel like I am getting off the bike and my heart rate is still high"-
A - Please remember to give adequate time to cool down.

C - "sometimes I feel like no matter how hard I pedal, my legs physically can't keep up with the instructor"-
A - We as instructors are models for the class. If we are not riding within the guidelines set forth by SPINNING, then we are at fault if someone is injured as a result of our failure to instruct.

C - "each instructor has a different style of music. But how different? There are times when I can't find a beat to follow."
A - My thoughts, each of us has our own style, just try and choose according to the age ranges that can suit your class. If you have a very wide range, pick and choose a little something for everyone.

C - "Your instructors are all so friendly and seem to love what they do" -
A - YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!

I will try to keep up this portion of the blog (posting member comments) much more often.
a

1 comment:

Collette said...

Woohoo! I love that someone else is posting besides me!
Thanks for the comment input I love hearing your side of the students. Let's face it it is just much more honest.